The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) will again question Uttarakhand chief minister Harish Rawat on Tuesday in connection with the ongoing preliminary probe into an alleged sting operation against him in which he was shown offering bribe to rebel Congress MLAs to save his government.
The CBI had earlier questioned Rawat on May 24 for over five hours in this regard.
"I believe the entire nation is watching this. And very soon there will be a solution to this conspiracy," Rawat said.
Continuing his tirade against the BJP-led Centre for handing over the matter to the CBI, Rawat this was done when Uttarakhand was under President's Rule.
Meanwhile, state BJP president Ajay Bhatt said that Rawat should cooperate with the CBI rather than blaming anyone in this regard.
"He should cooperate with the CBI. Why is he blaming us? " Bhatt said.
Earlier, the Uttarakhand high court had refused to quash the ongoing CBI probe, following which the agency had summoned the chief minister.
The TV sting operation was done in March, when rebel Congress lawmakers voted against the state budget, triggering a political crisis.
Later, Rawat government was sacked by the Centre and the state was placed under President's Rule.
However, Congress knocked the door of the Court and Rawat returned as chief minister after winning a trust vote ordered by the Supreme Court.